Enjoy the 2016 Honda Accord’s Performance
The 2016 Honda Accord’s performance is certain to make a splash in Casper and beyond. From powerful engines to incredible performance-enhancing operation modes, the Honda Accord is a standout sedan for anyone looking to upgrade their regular commute. Read on to see what you can expect from the 2016 Honda Accord’s performance capabilities.
With the 2016 Honda Accords, you can choose between two powerful engines capable of propelling you through any Douglass commute with ease:
- In-Line 4-Cylinder Engine: This 4-cylinder engine has a displacement of 2.4L and direct fuel injection. For the valve train, you’ll find a 16-Valve DOHC i-VTEC giving you impressive raw performance.
- V6 Engine: The V6 engine is available for the Accord EX-L V6 and Touring models. The engine features multi-point fuel injection and a 24-Valve SOHC i-VTEC valve train to create the horsepower and torque you need.
Horsepower, Speed, and Torque
For 2016, Honda focused on bolstering the performance of this classic sedan. Now, you can get to where you need with a customized level of performance:
- 3 Horsepower Levels: For the LX, EX, and EX-L, you’ll see a maximum horsepower of 185 hp, but the Sport trim gives you a little more with 189 hp. However, the EX-L V6 and Touring trims get up to 278 hp.
- Top Speed: The approximate top speed for the 2016 Honda Accord models is around 125 mph.
- 3 Torque Levels: The LX, EX, and EX-L each feature 181 lb-ft of torque while the Sport can give you 182 lb-ft. The Touring and EX-L V6 are the stand outs here with a max of 252 lb-ft of torque.
One of the keys to a smooth Riverton drive is a dependable transmission that knows when to shift. With the 2016 Honda Accord, you get three great options:
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission: If you prefer to have full control over your handling and gear shifting, opt for the Accord models with 6-Speed Manual Transmission.
- Continuously Variable Transmission: The CVT transmission gives you high fuel efficiency and smoother acceleration, while maintaining your perfect performance. Paddle shifters are available to give you a sportier feel.
- 6-Speed Automatic Transmission: For a small boost to your fuel economy, try the 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, especially if you prefer to let your car do the shift work for you.
Your mileage in Glenrock will depend on which trim, transmission, and engine you choose. However, the 2016 Honda Accord line features enticing gas mileage regardless of your final trim choice. Here’s what you can expect:
- Highway: The EX, EX-L, and LX models have the highest highway mileage at 37 mpg*, but the rest of the models aren’t far behind. The EX-L V6 and Touring trims get the lowest highway mileage with a 34 mpg* average.
- City: In the city, the EX-L V6 and Touring again have the lowest city mileage at 21 mpg*, and the EX, EX-L and LX trims give a high 27 mpg* in the city.
- Combined: Predictably, the smaller 4-cylinder trims (EX, EX-L and LX) get the highest city mileage of 31 mpg*, but even the V6 trims (EX-L V6 and Touring) get 26 mpg* on average.
The Honda Accord has plenty of amazing features, but this year Lander drivers get a little bit extra. Handling and power should never be hindered, which is why Honda helps you maximize performance with:
- Sport Mode: In this mode, you get the best performance possible with optimized power delivery and even more responsive steering. Use this mode to achieve a more exciting drive from your 2016 Accord.
- Paddle Shifters: Inspired by real racing vehicles, the paddle shifters give you more control with your CVT transmission, so you can have a responsive ride.
- Eco Assist: When you want your drive to be as fuel efficient as possible, push the ECON button. It’ll adjust fuel consumption for maximum efficiency. Plus, coaching bars near your speedometer help you drive more efficiently.
- Honda Care: Vehicles that are both under 3 years old and have fewer than 36,000 miles qualify for this maintenance program, which helps cut the cost of important and regular maintenance.
Test Out 2016 Honda Accord Performance at Honda of Casper
Ready to feel the raw performance of the 2016 Honda Accord on the Worland roads? Stop by Honda of Casper, which is located at 3801 CY Avenue. Call ahead at (877) 224-1448 to schedule an appointment, and if you have any questions, fill out our contact form. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
*Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.