Explore the Features in the 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Once in a blue moon, a truck appears that totally eclipses the automotive competition, providing drivers with a comprehensive package of features, from performance perks, to interior strengths, to technological offerings.
The 2017 Honda Ridgeline is such a truck. Not only does it give drivers a herculean engine that packs colossal horsepower, great amounts of torque, and epic towing capability, but it also gives you a wide range of driver assist programs.
At the same time, the Ridgeline boasts an abundance of interior space — enough in the cabin for a number of passengers, and enough truck-bed capacity to fit all the gear you need at the next worksite. Meanwhile, the Ridgeline also promises a broad spectrum of entertainment technologies and solid safety systems to keep drivers both engaged and secure throughout the drive. Allow us to give you the details regarding a few of these areas in particular: performance, exterior design, and audio capabilities.
First of all, the Ridgeline runs on a massively powerful engine with impressive capabilities:
- The Ridgeline is powered by a 3.5L V-6 aluminum-alloy engine with Variable Cylinder Management and a 24-Valve SOHC i-VTEC valve train that’s capable of generating 280 hp, 262 lb-ft of torque, and 5,000 pounds. This ensures that you can lug all but the heaviest loads into the mountains or out to the lake during your next summer vacation.
- It’s also efficient for a truck. When equipped with two-wheel-drive, the truck gets 19 mpg in the city* and 26 on the highway*. With all-wheel-drive, it gets 18 mpg in the city* and 25 on the highway*, ensuring that you save money and do your best for the environment.
- Meanwhile, the Ridgeline is especially appealing to eco-friendly drivers, having earned a CARB Emissions rating of LEV3-ULEV125.
- And it gives drivers a range of driver assist features, like the following:
- Active Noise Cancellation, which is able to prevent road noise from bleeding into the truck’s cabin and guaranteeing an enhanced audio experience;
- Hill Start Assist, which prevents the truck from sliding backwards when parked on an incline or decline by locking the brakes as the engine turns over;
- Eco Assist, which gives drivers a choice of three high-performing driving modes, allowing you to choose a mode based on your driving conditions and terrain;
- Remote Engine Start, which enables you to start the Ridgeline from afar in order to get a faster start to your drive.
Likewise, the Ridgeline also boasts a number of new exterior features, including two especially exciting ones:
- The Ridgeline is embedded with an innovative tailgate that can fold down as well as open sideways. What this means is that you won’t have to worry about ruining your tailgate as you drag heavy boards or machinery into the back of the truck—just open the tailgate like a door and slide your equipment in. Not, too, that this feature is class-exclusive.
- At the same time, the Ridgeline features an in-bed trunk in the back of the truck’s bed. You can use it to store extra tools if you need to — just open the trunk’s cover, slip the tools in and close it back up. But you can also use the trunk for play as well. Open it up, fill it with ice, and enjoy the best tailgate party of your life.
It’s difficult to know where to enumerate the Ridgeline’s new technological offerings, but we’ll focus on one in particular: its redesigned audio system. Of course, you’re guaranteed a powerful audio system in the truck’s cabin, with booming base and pristine sound quality. But that’s nothing new, right?
What is new is that the Ridgeline also comes embedded with an assemblage of top-notch speakers in its truck bed, which together transform the entire vehicle into a mobile sound system. Meanwhile, the vehicle’s Bluetooth capability promises to give you access to a huge range of choice when it comes to selecting music to play. Get ready to party!
Experience the 2017 Honda Ridgeline’s Features for Yourself
In order to explore these features for yourself, you need only visit our Honda of Casper dealership at 3801 CY Ave in Casper. Take this exciting new truck out on a test drive yourself, during which you can experience all that it has to offer. At the same time, you’re always welcome to give us a call at 307-577-9333 to learn more about the new Ridgeline pronto. We look forward to telling you all about this rugged, resilient, high-performing truck.
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition, and other factors.