Handling in the New 2016 Honda Accord Sedan
How do we love the 2016 Honda Accord Sedan? Let us count the ways. First of all, the Honda Accord comes equipped with a tremendous range of exciting technologies, which put high-quality entertainment, information, and audio systems at your finger tips. Second, it’s fully equipped with a bevy of safety systems designed to keep you and everyone else on board protected. Third, the Honda Accord also boasts a wealth of interior space, replete with ample room for passengers as well as their cargo, even while it also promises a range of exterior features that give this vehicle the unmistakeable air of a luxury vehicle.
But here’s the thing: the Honda Accord also comes outfitted with a powerful, exceptionally high-performing drivetrain that ensures absolutely unrivaled handling. In particular, the Accord’s handling is strengthened by its awesome horsepower and torque, its transmission system, its suspension systems, and its driver assist programs. Let’s look at each of these features in turn.
Horsepower and Torque
The Accord gives drivers a choice of two different engines:
- A 2.4L I4 16-Valve DOHC DI engine that can generate 185 hp as well as 181 lb-ft of torque
- A V6 engine that promises an awe-inspiring 278 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque
In addition to offering drivers a superbly powerful engine, the Honda Accord Sedan also gives you a choice of three different transmission systems:
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission – Standard in the bottom four trim levels, 6-Speed Manual Transmission gives drivers a good deal of control over their drive and a range of speeds. Trims with available 6MT include the LX, the Sport, and the EX. These trims achieve 23 mpg city* and 34 mpg highway*.
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with Sport Mode – Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with Sport Mode is standard in the mid-level EX-L, but also available in the Accord’s four lower-level trims. It provides a powerful additional mode to optimize performance, and it delivers the best efficiency of the available transmissions: 27 mpg city* and 37 mpg highway*.
- CVT with Paddle Shifters – In both the Sport and the Sport Special Edition, drivers can opt for Paddle Shifters, which give you the option of shifting gears manually. They do lower the efficiency level slightly, though, to an EPA-estimated 26 mpg city*/35 mpg highway*.
- 6-Speed Automatic Transmission (6AT) with Sport Mode – Finally, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission with Sport Mode — available in the EX-L V-6 and Touring trim levels — gives you all the preceding options at your finger tips, but marries them to an automatic transmission system. This transmission option achieves 21 mpg city*/34 mpg highway*.
Likewise, the Honda Accord Sedan also gives you a selection of advanced suspension systems:
- MacPherson Strut Front Suspension – This systems comes standard in all trim levels of the Accord Sedan and promises one of the smoothest possible rides, promising drivers superb handling even on the bumpiest of roads.
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension – Not only does this suspension system guarantee excellent handling on the road, but it’s also especially suited for off-road driving conditions.
- Electronic Power-Assisted Rack-and-Pinion Steering – Power steering makes turning the steering wheel that much easier, requiring as little effort as possible from you and ensuring a doubly smooth ride.
Driver Assist Programs
Last but not least, it’s worth pointing out that the Honda Accord Sedan also comes outfitted with a number of driver assist programs that improve handling even more. These include:
- Eco Assist – With Eco Assist, you can to choose the best driving mode for the conditions and terrain types in which you find yourself, thus broadening your range of control over the car’s handling.
- Hill Start Assist – Hill Start Assist provides extra help when you’re starting the engine on a hill. Activate the brakes before you put your foot on the gas pedal, and the system will prevent you from slipping down a hill and losing control of your vehicle
- Adaptive Cruise Control – With this system, the Honda Accord Sedan is able to identify the speed at which the vehicle in front of you is traveling, adjust, and accordingly fix its own speed.
Test Drive the 2016 Honda Accord Sedan Today
Best of all, drivers can explore these exciting handling specs for themselves at Honda of Casper. Located at 3801 CY Ave in Casper, we can also be reached at 307-577-9333. Call now to arrange a visit, or merely to chat with one of our knowledgeable customer service agents. Don’t delay: experience all that this exciting new vehicle has to offer today!
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition, and other factors.