2017 Honda Accord Coupe Safety
The 2017 Honda Accord Coupe is a stylish car with a peppy and efficient performance that’s been designed with your safety as a top priority, and it’s available now to drivers of Casper and Glenrock. From its structure to a comprehensive suite of advanced safety technologies and driver assistance features, this coupe has many ways to offer protection to you and your loved ones as you drive around Douglas and Riverton. Find out all that it has to offer before coming in for a test drive around Lander or Worland today at Honda of Casper!
Active Safety Features
The new Honda Accord Coupe features many active safety features that monitor your driving performance and take action when you need it most to offer you better and safer driving conditions.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control: This system monitors wheelslip, oversteer, and understeer and makes adjustments to the necessary wheels to give you the best grip on the road, helping you maintain control at all times.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines: When you’re in reverse, this system monitors objects or other vehicles behind you to help guide you where you intend to go without damage.
- Anti-Lock Braking System: When you have to slam on the brakes, this technology pumps the brakes to make sure that they don’t give out. This system promises you maximum stopping capabilities, preventing the brakes from locking up when you need them most.
- Brake Assist: In situations when you need to slam on the brakes, this technology offers additional braking power to bring you to a halt in as little distance as possible.
Passive Safety Features
From its nose to its tail, the 2017 Honda Accord Coupe was designed to do everything possible to protect driver and passenger from harm in the event of an impact.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure: Built with high-strength materials, this design utilizes crumple zones to divert energy from a collision to points away from passengers in the cabin.
- Comprehensive Airbag System: With dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags, SmartVent® front side airbags, and side curtain airbags with rollover sensor, protection is deployed when and where you need it throughout the cabin.
- 3-Point Seat Belts: In use in all seating positions, these safety belts use automatic tensioning when you slam on the brakes to brace for an impact to prevent movement around the cabin during an accident.
- LATCH (Lower Anchor Tethers for CHildren): The rear seats feature anchors for you to safely install carseats with strong access points to keep carriages stable and in place at all times.
Driver Assistance Features
The 2017 Honda Accord Coupe boasts the Honda Sensing suite of advanced driver assistance technologies on all trims, and it’s standard on the Touring trim. These technologies help you make better driving decisions by intervening in times of possible danger.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: If you drift from your lane due to fatigue or distraction, this system will know as it monitors paint lines on the road, and it can determine when you begin to depart without a turn signal. You’ll receive an alert before steering assistance is provided to guide you back.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: If you come up on slower traffic while you’re in cruise control mode, this feature will make the appropriate adjustments so you keep a safe distance from the vehicles ahead of you.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: If a forward collision is determined to be imminent, this system will both alert you and provide emergency braking to avoid an accident when possible or minimize the impact.
- Road Departure Mitigation System: If your vehicle begins to veer off of the road, steering assistance will be applied to bring you back on the asphalt to avoid danger.
- Honda LaneWatch: A small camera in the passenger side view mirror provides a wide view of the right side of the vehicle’s exterior on the touchscreen infotainment display so you can switch lanes at the best time.
Take the 2017 Honda Accord Coupe Out for a Spin Today
You can take a test drive of the 2017 Honda Accord Coupe by calling one of our sales specialists at 307-577-9333. Honda of Casper is located at 3801 CY Avenue in Casper, WY, near drivers of Glenrock and Douglas. If you have any questions or feedback, you can always contact us online, and one of our team members will be in touch with you soon! We look forward to meeting more of our Riverton, Lander, and Worland customers soon!