2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Performance
The 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid marries the sporty handling of an Accord with efficient hybrid technology that saves you money on your Casper commute, while helping keep the air clean throughout scenic Wyoming. Plus, it’s got all of the great technology and that spacious interior that you love about the Accord. Find out all about how the Accord Hybrid runs and its performance features, and then come into Honda of Casper for a test drive of the Honda Accord Hybrid today!
Efficient and Powerful Engine Options
The new 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid is powered by a 2.0L Atkinson-cycle 4-cylinder engine that utilizes the power of not one, but two motors. The motors are powered by a compact lithium-ion battery pack located in the trunk, allowing you to keep more cargo space than in other hybrids. Honda uses Earth Dreams technology to maximize fuel efficiency. A CVT transmission is paired with this engine to give you smooth transitions between gears. The engine delivers up to 212-hp.
Outstanding Fuel Economy
The 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid will give you up to 49 mpg city* and 47 mpg highway* or 48 mpg combined*. This high gas mileage estimate is thanks to the dual motors, a first in its class, to offer you more energy than ever. Regenerative braking also works to recharge the battery, meaning you’ll get further when you’re driving.
Three driving modes use varying levels of electric and gas power to maximize efficiency for your Casper commute. EV Drive mode utilizes electric energy, Hybrid Drive mode uses both motor power as well as the gasoline engine, and Engine drive primarily uses the gasoline engine. Depending on the available battery power, the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid automatically switches between these modes while you’re driving to offer you optimal performance. Which mode you’re in will be displayed on the instrument display inside of the vehicle.
Other Performance Features
A number of other performance features contribute to the sporty handling and smooth ride that the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid offers drivers of Casper and beyond.
- Sport Mode: Simply press the Sport Mode button on the gear shift to boost acceleration for a more adventurous ride.
- Instrumentation for Performance Monitoring: The elegant display behind the steering wheel offers exact measurements of fuel levels, battery charge, speed, and other necessary performance information on an electronic display.
- Honda Sensing: This package is full of driver’s assistance technology to help you make the best driving decisions, like lane changing monitoring and frontal collision warnings.
- Regenerative Braking: You can switch between “D” and “B” mode to boost regenerative braking power should you need to charge the lithium-ion battery pack back to life while you’re driving.
- Hill Start Assist: This feature serves to ensure that you’re always headed forward rather than rolling back when you’re stopped or parked on an incline.
Critics are Impressed with the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Performance
Critics are happy that Honda has brought the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid back into its lineup. Here’s some of what they’re saying about this year’s model.
- Edmunds: “Well, the Honda Accord Hybrid was gone for a year. Did you miss it? We certainly did, as it’s one of the few genuinely enjoyable hybrid sedans on the market.”
- Hybrid Cars: “Already a competent handler, the front suspension received a new bushing design to mildly improve the balance between bump compliance and control. Revised power steering assistance also adds to the consistent sure-footed feeling. Cornering through curvy hills felt planted with minimal roll while comfy but ample seat bolstering held the driver and a passenger in place through the curves.”
- Car and Driver: “The new Accord hybrid is quiet and comfortable for drivers and passengers alike, and seat-of-the-pants acceleration and braking performances should exceed most expectations.”
- Autoblog: “Just like in the 2014 model, the steering felt responsive and the brake blending was impressive. In fact, since Honda has increased the amount of regenerative braking the upgraded powertrain can handle, brake feel was even improved.”
Get Behind the Wheel of the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Today
You can test the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid performance at Honda of Casper as soon as it hits the lot. Give us a call to schedule an appointment for a test drive at 307-577-9333. Our dealership is located at 3801 CY Avenue in Casper, WY, close to our Glenrock, Douglas, Riverton, Lander, and Worland customers. If you have any questions, you can contact us online, too!
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-package/condition, and other factors.