The 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid’s Advanced Safety Technologies
Interested in the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid’s safety features? You’ve come to the right place! We’re going to explore in-depth the new Accord Hybrid’s passive and active safety features, as well as its driver assistance technologies and overall design from a safety perspective. After all, safety is paramount in the Honda design process. To learn more about the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid, be sure to get in touch with us today at Honda of Casper, a local dealership proudly serving Casper, Glenrock, Douglas, Riverton, Lander, and Worland.
Take Control with Active Safety Features
Some drivers experience confusion when it comes to the key differences between active and passive safety features. The main difference between the two types is that active safety involves systems that react to changes in the environment and can provide consistent information about potential hazards. In this section, we’ll explore some of the most important active safety technologies available onboard the 2017 Accord Hybrid.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™: This Honda Sensing™ technology ensures that the Accord Hybrid applies braking power in the event of an imminent collision. This will help to protect passengers.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): Another Honda Sensing™ technology, the RDM keeps you from departing the road and exposing yourself to unsafe conditions.
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ VSA with Traction Control: You’re in control with the Accord Hybrid’s revolutionary VSA system with integrated traction control. No matter what conditions may be outside, VSA will get you where you need to go with minimal fuss.
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD): The Accord Hybrid’s EBD system ensures that braking power is applied strategically to ensure maximum effectiveness in all conditions.
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL): Daytime running lights keep you and your vehicle as safe as possible in all conditions – especially in low light levels like those at dusk or during foggy conditions. You’ll have improved visibility and potentially lower insurance costs to boot. The LED lights onboard the Accord Hybrid provide additional visibility and power in low light level environments.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines: This camera ensures that you can navigate safely when backing up, as well as check for vehicles behind you. For dynamic guidelines, you’ll need to look into the Accord EX-L or Touring.
Rest Easy with Passive Safety Features
The passive safety technologies available on the 2017 Accord Hybrid are built into the design of the vehicle, and they are always available even in the event of power loss. They’re essential for providing comprehensive safety.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure: Honda engineers designed the 2017 Accord Hybrid with an incredibly durable body structure that effectively distributes the resulting energy from an impact or other accident throughout the body, thereby lessening the amount of energy reaching the vehicle’s passengers.
- Dual-Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS): The dual-stage front airbags (SRS) on board the 2017 Accord Hybrid provide advanced safety and impact protection. You’ll also have access to SmartVent® Front Side Airbags and Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensors.
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH): If you’re planning to have child passengers, the LATCH system will ensure they are as safe as possible while you’re on the road. This essential safety technology makes the 2017 Accord Hybrid a family-friendly vehicle for drivers who want to take road trips or simply drive their children to school.
Driver Assistance Features
Driver assistance technologies make the Accord Hybrid experience even more delightful. Here’s what you need to know about the assistance tech you’ll find onboard.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): The Accord Hybrid’s LKAS ensures that you can effectively stay in your lane with audible alerts and more.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): The ACC helps maintain separation with the vehicle ahead of you while cruise control is activated and automatically adjusts speed to ensure separation.
- Honda LaneWatch™: LaneWatch™ gives you visibility in your blind spot with an integrated camera upon activating the turn indicator, thereby vastly improving your safety on the road.
Learn More about the 2017 Accord Hybrid Today at Honda of Casper!
Want to learn more about the 2017 Accord Hybrid? Visit us today at Honda of Casper, located at 3801 CY Avenue, Casper, WY, United States. You can also get in touch with us on the phone at (307) 577-9333 or contact us online. We look forward to showing off the new Accord Hybrid and helping you choose the ideal investment for your automotive needs.