Learn About 2017 Honda HR-V Safety Features at Honda of Casper
The 2017 Honda HR-V is a compact crossover SUV that’s been designed with your safety as a priority, and it’s available now at Honda of Casper. Between its active safety features, advanced driver assistance technology, and structural integrity, we think this crossover is a prime choice for drivers in Glenrock, Douglas, and beyond. Read all about the safety features below, and then come in from the Riverton, Lander, or Worland areas for a test drive today!
Active Safety Features
The new Honda HR-V was built with ample active safety features that monitor the performance of your vehicle while you’re out and about to keep the vehicle stable.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control: This technology monitors road conditions as well as driver performance to apply braking to wheels where and when it is needed to keep the vehicle stable.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: Avoid a blowout on the highway when you receive an alert that one or more tires is in need of refilling air capacity before you head out on the road to keep you safe.
- Electronic Brake Distribution and Brake Assist: This system helps apply braking in times when you need it in full force, and anti-lock brakes make sure that you don’t lock up, too.
- Daytime Running Lights: These automatic lights turn offer vehicles ahead of you better visibility to see you in their rearview mirror as well as lighting the way on darker days.
Driver Assistance Features
To help you make better driving decisions, these available driver assistance features will alert you when a potential accident may occur so you can avoid a collision.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines: Use this display of the rear of the vehicle to maneuver out of tight parking spaces and see where the vehicle is headed to avoid accidents.
- Honda LaneWatch: A camera in the passenger side view mirror gives you a clear view of the right side of the vehicle to make switching lanes easier.
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation: This feature comes standard on the Honda HR-V EX-L Navi trim. Receive turn-by-turn directions when you’re out on the road with the most up to date routes thanks to Honda HD Digital Traffic so that you can keep your attention on the road to get to your destination safely.
Passive Safety Design
In the event of an accident, the new HR-V can initiate these passive safety features to protect you and your loved ones from injury on impact.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure: The Honda HR-V is designed to disperse energy from an impact to crumple zones away from areas of the cabin where passengers are to avoid injury.
- Airbag Coverage: The HR-V has dual-stage multiple-threshold front airbags, SmartVent® front side airbags, and side curtain airbags with rollover sensors that deploy in the cabin when an accident occurs. Airbags deploy where passengers are detected in the cabin.
- Automatic Seat Belt Tensioning: Front seats are equipped with 3-point seat belts with this automatic tensioning system to keep driver and passenger safe in the event of an accident.
- Child Safe: Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children, or LATCH, is standard on all trims so that you can secure your children’s car seats in the second row seats. The rear door locks are also childproof so that you’re in control of when the doors can and can’t be opened.
All of these safety technologies and design enhancements combine into a comprehensive suite of features that keep you and your family safe in Wyoming. What’s more, when put to the test, the 2017 Honda HR-V stands up to crash safety evaluations from the government agencies.
- NHTSA – The National Highway Safety and Traffic Administration has awarded the 2017 Honda HR-V its highest rating of 5 stars for overall safety*, meaning it’s an excellent choice for small families or your young teen driver.
Take the 2017 Honda HR-V on the Road Today
Visit us at Honda of Casper to test drive the 2017 Honda HR-V today. Our showroom is located at 3801 CY Avenue in Casper, WY, close to Glenrock and Douglas drivers. If you’d like to make an appointment or have any questions before coming in from Riverton or Lander, give us a call at 307-577-9333. You can also leave us a message online and we’ll be in touch shortly. We look forward to meeting new customers from Worland and beyond! *
Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gove). Model tested with standard side airbags (SAB).