Honda Ridgeline Safety
If you’re looking for a powerful pickup for the upcoming year, then the 2017 Honda Ridgeline is worth considering. The Ridgeline takes the functionality that is typically synonymous with the pickup truck segment and combines it with more upscale features in terms of comfort and technology. Moreover, the Ridgeline possesses a host of safety features that make it quite a secure vehicle. Between its active safety features, passive safety features, and driver-assist technology, Glenrock drivers can count on the Honda Ridgeline to keep both themselves and their passengers safe. Learn more here before heading to Honda of Casper to see this pickup for yourself.
Active Safety Features
Active safety features help you avoid dangerous situations on the road. In some cases, these advanced systems detect these situations before you do, and they’re able to act on your behalf to keep you and your passengers safe. Fortunately, the new Honda Ridgeline boasts many of these features, including:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control – This system stabilizes your vehicle when cornering, and it maintains traction when accelerating on slippery surfaces. No matter the weather in Douglas, you and your passengers can feel secure in your Ridgeline.
- Brake Assist – In the event of an emergency braking situation, this feature kicks in and applies a higher braking force. The Ridgeline’s logic system evaluates the application and force of the pedal to determine whether or not it needs to act in the event of a panic stop situation.
- The Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) – This system is comprised of a millimeter wave radar unit that’s located behind the front grille, as well as a monocular camera that can be found between the rearview mirror and windshield. These features work together to scan traffic conditions in front of the vehicle and alert visual and audible alerts on the Multi-Information Display when a collision is imminent.
Passive Safety Features
In addition to active safety features, the Ridgeline is also packed with a number of passive safety features:
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure – The Ridgeline is made of a body structure that is designed to evenly distribute collision energy and direct it away away from the passenger compartment.
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) – This system makes it easier to install car seats into your vehicle, so Riverton families can have peace of mind that their children will be secure while riding in this vehicle.
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Seat Belt Reminder – Those seated in the front of the vehicle will receive a reminder to buckle up before driving. Whether you’re in Lander, Worland, or beyond, it’s important to buckle up before hitting the road.
- Front Three-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System – Seat belts will automatically apply tension if an accident occurs. This will further secure passengers and prevent the chance of ejection injury.
Driver Assist Technology
Driver assistance features provide added safety benefits to the Honda Ridgeline. Let’s take a look at the assistance systems you can expect to find in the Ridgeline:
- Honda LaneWatch™ – This system utilizes a camera at the bottom of the passenger-side exterior mirror to display a wide view of the passenger side of the roadway on the 8-inch Display Audio touchscreen. Drivers can activate this system either by using the right turn signal or pressing a button on the end on the turn signal stalk.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) – Enjoy a less stressful driving experience with this feature. It uses a camera to read lane markings ahead of you and activates Electric Power Steering to help the driver stay in their lane if they drift.
- Blind Spot Information System (BSI) with Cross Traffic Monitor – This system uses radar sensors to monitor the driver’s blind spots. If there is a vehicle located, the system will provide visual cues in the appropriate sideview mirror. However, to prevent false alarms at lower speeds, this feature is disabled at speeds below 20 mph.
Stay Safe in the 2017 Honda Ridgeline
While safety might not be the first thing that comes to mind when one thinks of a pickup truck, the 2017 Honda Ridgeline aims to surprise. To learn more about the Ridgeline and its various safety systems and features, visit Honda of Casper, your Casper area Honda dealer. We are located at 3801 CY Ave in Casper, WY, and you can contact us online or by phone at 307-243-2044. Schedule an appointment or drop by our dealership to tour and test drive the Honda Ridgeline. We’ll be sure to show you its many safety features.