Schedule Oil Change Services at Honda of Casper
Every driver knows how important keeping up-to-date on oil changes is. Given that oil is the lifeblood of your Honda vehicle, you need to make sure that the oil feeding your car’s engine is in the best possible shape it can be, not only to ensure the best performance possible but also to shore up your safety as well. We here at Honda of Casper want to give you a quick overview of what’s involved in changing your oil before you schedule your appointment with our service specialists.
How Do We Perform Oil Changes at Honda of Casper?
- Check the type and amount of oil needed — We consult your vehicle’s auto guide to ensure we’re giving you the amount of oil your vehicle needs.
- Prepare the vehicle – We make sure that your engine is warm but not hot when we start by running your car and then letting it sit for a bit.
- Locate the oil filter and drain plug — Most cars have a bottom-mounted screw-on filter underneath the car. We jack up the car if necessary to get at the drain plug.
- Drain the oil – We put the drain pan beneath the drain plug and undo the oil filler cap using a wrench, (but not before putting on our gloves).
- Change the oil filter – We make sure to change the oil filter, then…
- Add the new oil — We add your new oil and put the cap back on.
Stop by Honda of Casper Service Center for an Oil Change Today
Did you see the maintenance light go on in your vehicle? Then you’re ready to have the experts at Honda of Casper help you with your oil change needs. Schedule service online today, and we’ll have you in and out in no time.