Safety Features in the 2016 Honda Accord Sedan
It’s no secret to drivers from Wyoming that the 2016 Honda Accord Sedan offers one of the very best drives of the year. Not only does this new vehicle provide a powerful drivetrain with a mighty engine, huge amounts of horsepower, and astonishingly high efficiency rates, but the Accord Sedan also comes embedded with a broad array of technologies to keep you connected and entertained throughout the drive.
At the same time, the Honda Accord guarantees a generous allotment of interior space — enough for passengers as well as a good deal of their cargo — and it boasts a striking exterior design and a bevy of luxurious exterior features. What’s especially exciting, though, is just how safe this car is, giving drivers a passive safety system as well as an active safety system and even engineering safety options.
Passive Safety Features
First of all, the 2016 Honda Accord gives you a comprehensive passive safety system designed to respond to collisions with an extensive assemblage of airbags and seat belts. In particular, it gives you the following:
- Dual-Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags and SmartVent Front Side Airbags – In addition to coming outfitted with a wide range of airbags, which surround passengers through the cabin, the Accord Sedan’s airbag system is exceptionally smart. It’s capable of judging the severity of a collision instantaneously and filling airbags with an appropriate amount of air.
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor – The Accord Sedan’s Side Curtain Airbags provide an extra layer of support in the cabin, but they’re also able to sense when the Accord Sedan is rolling and can inflate to help prevent the serious damage that can be sustained in such conditions.
- 3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions – These state-of-the-art seat belts are especially effective in preventing injuries during collisions, but they are also crafted to avoid harming passengers as well.
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children – With Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children, you can strap the child seat in tightly and securely, giving you added confidence that your child is protected during the drive.
Active Safety Features
In addition to its Passive Safety Features, though, the Honda Accord also gives you a raft of Active Safety Systems designed to prevent collisions before they happen. These include the following:
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control – With Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control, the Accord Sedan is capable of maintaining the highest speeds without the threat of losing its stability or its traction, making highway driving safer than ever.
- Electronic Brake Distribution, Anti-Lock Braking System, and Brake Assist – The Accord Sedan also comes with a range of sophisticated braking systems, which are capable of directing the right amount of braking power to wheels and axles depending on your speed and turning angle.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines – With its Multi-Angle Rearview Camera, the Accord Sedan gives you an extra set of eyes on the road, ensuring that you have a full view of the road around you and are easily able to avoid oncoming cars or vehicles in your blind spot.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System – The Accord Sedan’s Tire Pressure Monitoring System lets you keep track of your tire pressure from within the cabin, meaning that you’re able to determine when more air is needed without even having to slow down.
- Forward Collision Warning – This exceptionally sophisticated device doesn’t only tell you when a collision might be imminent, but it even applies braking pressure if you fail to do so in the attempt to avert an accident.
Engineering Safety Features
Last but not least, one engineering safety feature is especially worthy of note:
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure – With Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure, your Honda Accord can distribute the force of an impact around the cabin rather than through it, thus preventing passengers from suffering the full effects of a collision.
Explore the 2016 Honda Accord Sedan’s Safety Systems
But there’s no need to take our word for it. Just stop by our Honda of Casper dealership today to experience the safety features embedded in this awesome car for yourself. Located at 3801 CY Ave in Casper, we can also be reached at 307-577-9333. Give us a call today to discuss what makes these safety features so superior and to arrange a test drive. We look forward to welcoming you to Honda of Casper soon!
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition, and other factors.